Notice on Strengthening Regular Epidemic Prevention and Control Work (No. 11)
Since August 19th, the entire Nanjing city has become a low-risk area. However, given the severe and complicated epidemic situation at home and abroad, our city is still faced with the arduous task of guarding against imported cases and preventing the resurgence of a domestic outbreak. In order to consolidate the hard-won results in epidemic prevention and control, build a solid line of defense against the epidemic, and safeguard the health and safety of our citizens, a notice on strengthening regular epidemic prevention and control work is released as follows.
1. Raise the awareness of personal protection. Citizens should abide by relevant regulations on epidemic prevention and control and be responsible for their own health. Please keep good living habits such as wearing masks, washing hands frequently, keeping rooms well-ventilated, and using serving chopsticks, and minimize gatherings. Please practice social distancing with others, pay attention to personal hygiene, avoid touching your mouth, eyes, or nose with dirty hands, and cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing. Reduce unnecessary travel and avoid traveling to cities where there are medium or high-risk areas.
2. Conduct self-monitoring of health. Those who develop symptoms such as fever, dry cough, fatigue, reduced sense of smell and taste, nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat, conjunctivitis, myalgia, diarrhea, etc., should go to the nearest medical institutions with fever clinics to seek treatment after taking proper personal protection measures. They should avoid taking public transportation when going to the medical institution; after arriving there, they should truthfully report their epidemiological history and take nucleic acid tests as required.
3. Strengthen prevention and control measures in communities (villages) and residential communities. To enter a residential community, one should wear masks, have his or her temperature measured and health code checked. Those who want to enter a residential community to visit relatives and friends or to provide housekeeping, house decoration or other services should present the itinerary code for checking and make sure that people they want to see allow them to enter. Inbound travelers who have stayed in China for less than 28 days and those who once traveled to medium or high-risk areas in the past 21 days prior to their arrival in Nanjing should immediately report their travel history to the community (village) where they live. Newly arrived residents should report their information to the property management company of the residential community or to the community (village) committee. Citizens should actively cooperate with the community (village) in the prevention and control work like investigation and checking of personal information, personal health monitoring, etc. Those who conceal, falsely report or delay reporting relevant information shall be held legally responsible.
4. Reopen key places in an orderly way. After all epidemic prevention and control measures are implemented, outdoor areas of tourist attractions and fitness and sports venues will be reopened and measures like limiting the number of visitors, appointment, and staggered entrance should be strictly adopted. Confined places (KTV, theaters, cinemas, gyms, indoor swimming pools, bars, bathing places, mahjong halls, chess and card rooms, Internet bars, etc.), indoor areas of tourist attractions (museums included) and indoor sports venues, etc., will be reopened in an orderly manner when the whole province is rated as a low-risk area.
5. Strengthen epidemic prevention and control in key places. After the reopening of key places, prevention and control measures including temperature measurement, code checking, and mask wearing should be strictly continued. The control of visitor flow, cleaning, ventilation, and disinfection of these places should be strengthened and knowledge about personal health management and COVID-19 prevention and control be publicized. In dinning venues, diners should keep a safe distance from others when dinning and wear masks when not dinning. Non-contact payment is encouraged.
6. Strengthen COVID-19 prevention and control work at transport stations. Transport stations of highways and railways, civil airports, ports and wharves must be well ventilated and disinfected according to COVID-19 prevention and control requirements. Such measures as strengthening the guidance of personnel flow, avoiding crowds, and carefully checking passenger information should be taken at the above-mentioned places. Passengers entering the station (port) must wear masks and have their temperature tested and health code checked. Passengers taking subways and buses must have their temperature checked and wear masks throughout the journey. Passengers taking taxis and hailed rides must show their health codes and wear masks. Yellow/red health code holders are not allowed to take public transportation. Staff in the transportation sector must keep monitoring personal health and take care of personal protection.
7. Intensify prevention and control work at conferences. Implement relevant regulations in accordance with regular epidemic prevention and control requirements, and strictly control gathering activities. Meetings, training, and activities are advised to be held online. If an activity truly needs to be held offline, an epidemic prevention and control plan and an emergency response plan must be formulated in advance according to the principle of the host taking all responsibilities. The host must implement anti-epidemic regulations, strictly control the number of participants and report to the local COVID-19 prevention and control headquarters.
8. Strengthen the sense of responsibility in epidemic prevention and control. Further strengthen the sense of responsibility among public entities. Government organs at all levels, enterprises and public institutions must report when their staff travel out of Nanjing, strengthen health monitoring among their employees, register information of visitors and avoid gatherings. Schools (kindergartens included) should make full preparations for anti-epidemic measures to be taken among teachers and students and stagger the opening day of fall semester. Extra-curriculum training facilities should run in compliance with related regulations and requirements and carry out prevention and control measures in a stringent way.
9. Restore regular medical services. All clinics in Nanjing will restore medical services. Non-emergency diagnosis and treatment in stomatology (oral) department, ophthalmology (eye) department, otolaryngology (ENT) department, plastic surgery department from both specialized hospitals and general hospitals shall be reopened. Prevention and control measures must be taken to prevent infections within hospitals. Diagnosis and treatment services shall be provided upon appointment at the time recommended by the appointment system. Retail pharmacies will resume sales of the “four types of drugs” including antipyretic, cough relieving, antivirals, and antibiotics (including online sales). Pharmacies must register the real names and information of purchasers of the above-mentioned drugs, and conduct epidemiological history inquiries. Pharmacies should register and report the information of those who have been to medium or high-risk areas and those who have symptoms of fever or have been in contact with close contacts.
10. Continue with the vaccination campaign. Accelerate the administering of the second shot of COVID-19 vaccine, fully resume the first shot and start to inoculate people aged between 12 and 17. Epidemic prevention and control work must be consolidated at vaccination sites. Vaccination must be practiced upon appointment in an orderly manner to reduce gathering. Citizens eligible for vaccination are advised to get inoculated as early as possible and pay attention to personal protection even after being vaccinated. The reopening of the above-mentioned venues and the holding of large scale activities or games shall only be carried out after application to and approval from the district COVID-19 prevention and control headquarters.
These prevention and control measures are subject to dynamic adjustments according to the evaluation of epidemic risks and the requirement from superior authorities. The notice is to be implemented as of the date of release.
Only after risk evaluation by district COVID-19 prevention and control headquarters and the regular prevention and control conditions are met shall this notice apply to Lukou Sub-district in Jiangning District and partial communities (villages) in Luhe District. The district prevention and control headquarters shall then announce the info in another notice.
Nanjing COVID-19 Prevention and Control Headquarters
August 25, 2021